Sunday, September 27, 2009

Our little sailor!









It's quite shocking that it took until Lily's 17th month before she sailed in a sailboat. Especially since her grandpa has a sailboat--but life (and a nervous mommy) get in the way sometimes. She had sat on a sailboat before but I don't think it really counts if it's still tied to the dock.



She liked looking at everything. She liked waving at the boats passing by. But most of all she wanted to go swimming in the ocean.





But most of our time in San Diego Bay sailing around was actually spent down below. Sailing time overlapped with napping time and it didn't take too long to figure out that it was time to go to sleep.



I had hoped that it would be fairly easy for her to fall asleep due to the rocking. But if I'm with Lily she has a hard time falling asleep, she's just too distracted. So I had to hold her and rock her to sleep. At over 26 and half pounds, this is getting harder and harder to do. But somehow the things that are necessary just get done and eventually she did fall asleep.






We laid in the Captain's quarters in the bow of the boat. My foot is propped on the side of the boat because, although I requested a flat ride, when it comes to sailing, flat is relative and that port tack kept trying to throw me around the front of the boat. Now picture my foot on that wall rocking Lily back and forth for 20 minutes. And tell me why I don't have Angelina Jolie's arms yet? Thank goodness for Google Reader on the iPhone and that my mother-in-law keeps at least a dozen pillows on that boat at all times.





Lily steering us back home. No one told her we were aleady back at in the slip.






Lily with Bauby and Captain Grandpa.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures! Good Times and looking forward to many,many more!
Love,
Bauby

Melody said...

Looks like fun. I can't believe how well behaved Lily is in the life jacket. Bella HATES hers.

maroon6464 said...

Jennifer you look so tired, Great pictures Lily is so cute and she is going to be tall it looks like from her pic.

Anonymous said...

Hi bro.
I the initially day here.The leaving aside is assured it of 100 %,libel foto

[url=http://claudiakoll.co.cc/index.html your opinion?